Job Opportunities & Internships
Three Rivers Resort is one of the largest summer employers in the Gunnison Valley and we are always looking to fill our positions with excellent staff. We offer internships, raft guide training courses and a slew of positions in guest services, guiding, and food and beverage. If you see something below that interests you, please send us a cover letter stating your interests along with a resume and our application (see below). We will start reviewing applications and interviewing applicants in March or earlier. Most positions start in late May and end around Labor Day weekend. We do bring some staff on early and keep some through September and into October, depending on position and performance. We are interested in people who are committed first to giving the guest a great experience. A clean professional appearance is also required.
We hire the following positions each summer season:
- Kayaking Instructors/Guides: We prefer ACA certified instructors for teaching all levels of whitewater kayaking from roll clinics to rodeo moves.
- Raft Guides: Experienced guides are always a plus or take our 10 day certification course to begin guiding with us. First year guides will get trips and valuable experience, accumulating river mileage needed to progress as a guide.
- Business/Recreation Internship: If you qualify for a summer job and are hired, we will tailor that job to your specific internship requirements.
Activities Desk Supervisor: *Filled for 2016* Oversees our very busy concierge desk where all of the rafting reservations and check-ins occur. This desk is responsible for selling rafting, kayaking and a myriad of partner vendor activities such as horseback riding, 4 wheel drive tours, zip line tours and more. The desk also arranges private shuttles, and handles all rental gear. Additionally, the supervisor will coordinate guides, shuttle drivers and photographers along with the Outfitting Manager. A fair amount of administrative work is also required such as scheduling, recording trips in spreadsheets, and creating pay sheets. The best person for this job will ideally be extremely detail-oriented, efficient, able to multi-task (in an extreme way), be good with numbers, have management experience, Microsoft Office skills and be able to effectively handle conflict situations.
- Activities Desk Associates: This desk is responsible for selling rafting, lure fishing, lake fishing, and a myriad of partner vendor activities such as rock climbing, horseback riding, atv rentals, hot air balloon rides and more. The desk also arranges private shuttles, and handles all rental gear. Associates must have good sales skills and be able to handle a wide variety of situations in a high pressure environment.
- Front Desk Associates: Our front desk staff serve as the “hub” of the resort. It’s the first point of contact for customers and the only place they can check out to pay for their purchases. The primary function of the front desk is to make cabin reservations efficiently and accurately, check guests in and out and perform cashier duties at the main resort cash registers.
- Fly Shop Sales Associates: Typically, this is part time work in our fly shop. We seek fly fishermen who are able to help customers in our retail shop. We are an Orvis dealer with a full line of gear and tackle. Associates must be sales oriented and are responsible for keeping the shop in great shape, helping customers with advice, booking fishing trips, preparing trip paperwork and lining out guides, selling fishing licenses, etc.
- Fly Fishing Guides: Each year we hire a few new fishing guides. Fly fishing experience is a must but just as important is being able to patiently teach clients in fly fishing techniques. Clients pay a lot of money for trips and they expect a successful, professional experience. Float guides must be river certified or can go through our raft guide course. Float guides with their own boats are preferred but we do have one “shop” boat for guides to use.
- Spin Fishing Guides: For those who don’t fly fish, we offer lure fishing trips from a raft. Guides must be river certified and preferably trip leaders. Must have adequate lure fishing experience with guide experience a plus.
- Housekeepers: You got it – it’s all about cleaning! It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do it and our housekeepers generally have a fun time working together moving from cabin to cabin. We require hard workers with great attitudes. Housekeepers clean cabins, rooms, vacation homes, resort public areas and do laundry.
- Restaurant Managers: The resort restaurant, The Smokehouse, is a casual patio restaurant with BBQ and smoked meats. We have restaurant administrative managers hired for 2016 but we are seeking an experienced Lead Line Cook as well as a Front of House Manager to handle hosting, bartending and coordinating servers. Late May – Late September.
- Restaurant Cooks: Cooks assist with cooking, dish washing, food prep, cleaning and pulling lots of pork and chicken! Late May – Labor Day weekend or late September.
- Restaurant Servers/Cashiers: Our restaurant offers full table service for lunch and dinner. Servers stay very busy during our peak summer time. We have primarily outdoor seating along with an outdoor beer and wine bar. Late May – Labor Day weekend or late September.
- Maintenance and Grounds Staff: Our maintenance crew stays busy with a variety of chores around the resort from landscaping, raking, digging, sprinkling to hot tub, water system, vehicle and cabin maintenance. We hire a few in staff just for spring work to help us get the resort ready for summer and then offer a few summer jobs. These jobs are filled quickly each year.
Click here to download a Job Application. Complete it and email it or print the application. You may also complete it and mail it or fax it to us.
Mail: PO Box 339, Almont, CO 81210 Fax: 970-641-1317. Email: email@example.com